Friday 8 October 2010

Familiar sights from the end of the road.

I have lived in Southgate for the past 28 years, and really love the community spirit, which is why although I have thought about it, moving from here would be a big mistake for me, at my age to leave all my friends and to go somewhere new just wouldn't be easy, although I do rather wish I could have a smallholding, maybe I will one day.



The Cherry Tree Pub as seen above, dates back as far as the 1700's, the first landlord of the inn was a Mr Edward Lomas. Regarded by many locals as the centre of the community, Ye Olde Cherry Tree has been used for a number of different purposes over its lifetime including the headquarters for the Loyal Britain Society, a coaching inn and a posting house. It is at the end of my road and I'm pretty pleased about that!, It's a fantastic meeting place that has a lovely atmosphere and has a great garden area to sit outside, and it is also a 19 bedroom 'Inn Keepers Lodge ' which is quite handy aswell..




Lovely Pizza lovely owners..


We bought our house from here..







 Southgate underground station was built in 1933 in a glorious Art Deco style


No comments:

Post a Comment